Your epidermis and dermis occupy about 2mm of the depth of your “skin”. Underneath that we find varying depths of fat, muscles, and of course bone. While your epidermis and dermis should be kept in optimal health to maintain the visible and functional integrity of your skin, we find that our muscles and fat pads change over time and contribute to the visible signs of aging in our faces.
Botox is a treatment used specifically to weaken muscles that have become so strong over years of use that they cause permanent defect in our skin in the form of dynamic wrinkles.
If you are unhappy with any of the following, Botox can help:
- frown lines that remain when you aren’t intentionally frowning
- deep horizontal lines across the forehead
- “crows feet” wrinkles around the eyes
- downturned, “sad” corners of the mouth
- dimpling of the chin
Dermal fillers are gel-like substances that are injected to create the illusion of natural volume where it has been lost, or where it is lacking.
We most commonly use dermal fillers for problems of:
- loss of volume in the cheeks
- hollow circles under the eyes
- loss of volume in the lips, or a lack of volume in the lips
- hollow temples
- marionette lines
If you think you may like the effects of Botox or fillers, or would like to find out more, give us a call to make an appointment on (021) 6833048 extension 1.