Free Delivery for orders over R700
Injections of Botulinum Toxin (commonly known as B-tox) are used to fully or partially temporarily paralyze muscles in the face that cause wrinkling. Areas commonly treated would include frown lines, horizontal lines across the brow, crows feet lines and neck bands. Other things that can be treated using B-tox include down-turned mouth corners, drooping brows, gummy smiles, teeth grinding or jaw clenching and sweating.
B-tox is administered through multiple tiny injections that feel like a mild pinprick.
• If you like to exercise every day, do so before your appointment.
• Avoid foods, drugs and supplements that can thin your blood and exacerbate bruising for 24h before a treatment, unless prescribed by a doctor
• The results from these injections take around 4 days to begin to show, and the complete result can take up to 2 weeks to be revealed.
• For 24h after a treatment we recommend avoiding touching, rubbing or applying pressure to the areas that were injected, and avoiding activities and foods and supplements that can exacerbate bruising.
• Try to avoid vigorous exercise for 24h after your treatment.
• Avoid applying excessive pressure to the treated area for 24h after a treatment (e.g. wearing goggles or a sweatband, lying face-down for a massage or physiotherapy)
For info on cost, please click here to enquire.
Fillers are a gel that is injected to create the illusion of volume where volume has been lost (commonly due to aging) or where additional volume would beautify and harmonize a patients features, as is often the case with lips. Areas commonly treated include cheeks, lips, chins, jawlines, tear troughs, temples, brows and noses to give the illusion of a straighter nose.
Filler injections are administered either through fine needles or a longer blunt needle called a cannula. Discomfort varies depending on the site of injection, and if necessary you will be given local anesthetic in the form of a topical ointment or injection prior to undergoing the treatment.
• The results from these injections are visible immediately, however the final result can take 4 - 6 weeks to be revealed.
•Immediately after your injections you will have some swelling for 2-7 days, and you will have a numb sensation due to local anesthetic mixed into the filler which will dissipate after around 90min.
Sclerotherapy is the treatment of spider or thread veins on the lower extremities by injection of a substance that damages the inner lining of these vessels, causing them to clot and eventually be broken down and removed by the body’s natural healing processes. A single treatment can improve the treated areas by 20-50%, which means that up to 6 treatments spaced at least 3 months apart may be necessary in severe cases in order to see a desirable result.
Sclerotherapy is administered by injecting the sclerosant directly into these tiny vessels using tiny needles. The treatment burns on administration, and the burn lasts around 10 seconds before subsiding. Multiple injections are frequently needed. Local anesthetic or numbing with creams or ice is not provided since this will further narrow already tiny vessels, making treatment impossible.
• If you like to exercise every day, do so before your appointment.
• Avoid foods, drugs and supplements that can thin your blood and exacerbate bruising for 24h before a treatment, unless prescribed by a doctor.
• Avoid self-tanning before your treatment as it can make the vessels more difficult to see
On the day of the treatment you will look as though you have been stung by nettles or had an allergic reaction in the area treated. For 24h you should avoid exercise, applying topical treatments like moisturizer as well as shaving in the areas treated. You should also avoid bathing - you can shower instead. It is not necessary to wear compression garments after this treatment unless recommended by your doctor.
Thread lifting involves the insertion of specially designed threads into the skin in order to create a lift that does not require surgery or much downtime. At Cape Aesthetics we only offer the only FDA approved thread lift using PLLA threads with bidirectional cones. We do not offer PDO threads. Areas commonly treated include the jawline, cheeks, and loose skin under the chin.
• This procedure is done under sterile conditions and requires marking beforehand, extensive cleaning and draping as well as administration of injected local anesthetic at the entry and exit points of the threads.
• The threads themselves are fairly quick and painless to insert, however you will feel some tugging and popping
• Ensure that you plan your treatment with some room for downtime in mind
• Although this is globally advertised as a “lunch hour lift”, there will be some discomfort after this procedure.
• After the threads are inserted they are adjusted and trimmed - it is common to have some dimpling and rippling of the skin immediately afterward, as well as blanched patches where the local anesthetic was injected and some swelling.
• Dimpling and rippling can last up to 72hours.
• We recommend using ice to alleviate and prevent swelling, and the use of anti-inflammatories to prevent discomfort, as well as sleeping with an extra pillow for elevation.
• The patient will experience up to a week of “awareness” of the thread, and thereafter may occasionally feel small “pops” of cones shifting between the ligaments beneath the skin.
• There may be some discomfort when chewing, yawning, sleeping and laughing after the treatment, depending on the position of the threads.
• Please avoid dental procedures, massages, and facial procedures or treatments for 3 weeks after your treatment
The Vital Injector is a device that uses 5 tiny needles to deliver a specific amount of a chosen substance to a calibrated depth. As an automated alternative to traditional mesotherapy, this device allows the delivery of active substances into the dermis and even into the hypodermis. Active substances that can be injected using this device include PRP, cross linked and uncross linked Hyaluronic Acid, vitamins and amino acids. Results include diminished fine lines and wrinkles, improved skin elasticity and tone, increased brightness and an overall improvement in skin health.
Vital Injector treatments require topical anaesthetic application for comfort. The treatment itself usually takes 10-15min per treated area.You are likely to have a few small bruises after this treatment which you can cover with make up.A treatment series of 3 treatments spaced 2-4 weeks apart is recommended.Results last 3-6 months.
You can continue your skin routine as normal.If you are having a PRP treatment we recommend increasing your water intake for 24h before the treatment.
You are likely to have tiny bumps all over the treated area for up to 24h after the treatment, accompanied by some redness and a few tiny bruises.Results take around 10 days to fully emerge and last 3 - 6 months.